In this demonstration of whether side spin affects the cue ball path (OR NOT!), we cover:
- Top priority – check where the cue ball hit the pocket
- Where do you think the cue ball will go with top spin and R4?
- It is very tough to pot centre pocket with side spin – which is my excuse in advance for not doing so!
- Where most players think the cue ball will go when this shot is played • The three reasons the cue ball does not deflect from the object ball as much as most players think
- The lesson from this video has 50% importance weighting in positional play knowledge:
- You can NOT deviate the cue ball from it’s path with side spin
- If you have a straight pot just assume you are out of position and can only go backwards and forwards.
To find out what happens with side spin and ANGLED pots, please invest in our Ultimate Training Ball and accompanying 37 video course here:
For access to our library of digital products click here: https://www.thesnookergym.com/store
For information about distance coaching using video call, etc click here: https://www.thesnookergym.com/distance-snooker-coaching
For information on the ultimate one to one coaching experience click here: https://www.thesnookergym.com/snooker-lessons
TSG Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheSnookerGym
TSG YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/TheSnookerGym/