Snooker Training Package Options:
We offer the ultimate two hour / half day / full day / five day personalised snooker coaching sessions, and three to twelve month mentoring packages whether you are resident in the UK or abroad.
These can be with The Snooker Gym founder Nic Barrow personally, or with one of over 100 TSG Certified Coaches in the UK or abroad.
If you are serious about removing the frustration from your game, saving the time of working it all out yourself, and playing more consistently, you are in the right place now…
To find out if you are a good fit for coaching with Nic,
please complete your Player Profile and we will contact you
Here is an example clip of one topic:
Here is a sample video analysis which all clients receive:
The VIP Training Process:
- Upon booking your first session I will personally issue you with over 60 short video clips across 30 areas in the game to give you a great grounding of the main fundamentals you will require in the game. This product sells for £147 on the website - but is free for any player having a four hour session or longer.
These videos dramatically increase the value you get from our training time as you will be familiar with so much information in advance.
Many players say the Free VIP Video doubles the work we can get through in the first session.
- The first training day begins with a friendly conversation to clarify your objectives before we get onto the table
- The training itself starts with me observing, listing, and prioritising all the parts of your game which could improve. We then work on each point in sequence, moving to the next when you comfortably understand and can apply each topic or exercise…
- We then perform your video analysis as required using our professional tablet and analysis software.
- You will then take away an understanding of your own unique set of playing characteristics and technical requirements – as well as an improved ability to self diagnose, self correct, and get out of ruts…
- Being able to unravel the combination lock to your game should increase your enjoyment over time…
One of the biggest motivators for clients to come through my door is the sheer frustration of being inconsistent. 99% of the time, the cause is completely hidden from the player as they can only see in front of their eyes - whereas all the causation happens behind the eyes, invisible to the player.
In addition, EVEN IF players are aware of ‘faults’ then these are only ever the SYMPTOMS of their causes. For example, lifting one’s head on the shot is often due to the position of one of your feet being suboptimal - getting to that awareness would be one thing, knowing how to undo the Rubik’s cube and come up with a suggestion that is optimised for you is quite another. I have taken almost 40 years of my life to work all this out for you firstly in my own game, and then tested it in thousands of players to date.
Brand New Coaching Platform
Over years of testing various distance coaching programmes, I have noticed a few key factors that help students get the maximum improvement.
Our new coaching platform offers you all of these in a much simpler way than ever before in cue sports.
- Setting personalised practice routines with diagrams or video instruction (we have over 100 routines to choose from)
- A simple diary into which you can record your progress and scores
- A motivational green (exercise completed) or red (exercise not completed) traffic light system incentivises you to keep you practice compliance rates high
- Accountability (because your coach can see which routines you have missed, and message you accordingly!)
- Easy two way communication between coach and student
- Very simply record and upload either your technique or shot situations on the table that you have questions about
- A weekly review diary that your coach will comment on to help you keep on track
This walk through video shows you the range of exercises, accountability, and feedback that our new platform offers:
The Training Experience:
At The Snooker Gym, we adopt a scientific, measurable way to diagnose your problems and prescribe your solutions.
The teaching is structured, facilitated with scientific explanation and demonstration.
Having played at professional standard, I can also demonstrate anything that is worked on in the session. I am not an ex player who thinks I can coach – but I do this full time as my living.
My clients have described my coaching style with the following words and phrases:
Knowledgeable, patient, professional, humorous, considered, breaking everything down, humble/not arrogant, delivered with a personal touch, and not salesy.
To accelerate your progress within the session, I also spent around £30,000 getting certified in Neuro Linguistic Programming, Hypnotherapy, Time Line Therapy, and various personal development trainings to give me the requisite training skills.
If you want to learn to play the game in the right way, then invest once and remember it forever. You will then have reset your hard drive and taken away the guesswork from your game.
Despite some player’s fears, I do not feel I am too good to help even an absolute beginner (because I was there once in my game), and won’t force you to put your videos onto YouTube…
While I have a good track record working with top professionals, international federations, and training commentators from abroad, my main passion is helping players like you to improve your game.
Before I stop coaching, why not book at least one session help you uncover every stone in your game.
Testimonial from Ben Bailey – business owner and snooker enthusiast
Testimonial from Lee, who has made over 100 century breaks